Cantaloupe melon 1
- Sugar 0.5 oz (15 g)
- Water 2 cups (470 ml)
- Prosciutto 6 slices
- Olive oil 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- Orange zest to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Huile d’olive to taste
- Sodium alginate ½ sachet (1 g)
- Calcium lactate ⅖ sachet (2 g)
- Peel the melon and cut it into cubes.
- Pass the cantaloupe melon pieces through a blender until a uniform texture is obtained and then pass the contents through a sieve.
- Collect 1 cup (235 ml) of the cantaloupe coulis made in the previous step and mix in the sugar and sodium alginate using a hand blender. Let the coulis sit for 1 hour.
- Dissolve the calcium lactate in the water by stirring it in with a spoon. Fill a pipette with some cantaloupe coulis and drip droplets of it into the calcium lactate bath. Let sit for 3 min.
- Using a sieve, remove the pearls from the calcium lactate bath and rinse them in warm water.
- Wrap a crouton in a slice of prosciutto to create a bowl.
- Fill said bowl with the melon caviar, garnish with the zest and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.