Did you know that air fryer bacon is a thing? I will show you exactly how to cook bacon in the air fryer.
And y’all! It is the most perfect, most delicious bacon I have ever had. Seriously!
I am not even that big of a bacon eater, but this is sooooo good. After you try this method for cooking bacon, you may never do it any other way. It’s a total game-changer, people.
Why? It is so much easier and less messy than stovetop, microwave or baking in the oven. It is simple, mostly hands off, plus the grease effortlessly falls off into the lower reservoir.
And you can wash the pair fryer parts in the dish washer if you want to.Double check your model for that dishwasher bit. But my Avalon Bay Air Fryer (Amazon affiliate link) is dish washer approved. I got that one because it has consistently great reviews, plus it wasn’t too pricey. I have been pleased!
But back to cooking bacon in the air fryer!
How to Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer
I was able to do a twelve ounce package from Trader Joe’s in two batches.
It is a twelve ounce package, and it had eleven slices, FYI. Just arrange them in the basket. A few folds are okay, but try not to overcrowd the pan.
And then ten minutes on 400 degrees will do the trick. I did take a peek half way through to see if anything needed to be re-spaced. Tongs are helpful for this. True to form, bacon shrinks down quite a bit when cooking.
Check it after ten minutes, and see if you want it any more done. I like mine pretty well-done, so I went an extra minute and a half. It was perfect y’all!
I use the tongs to place the cooked pieces on paper towels, where I blot and drain off any remaining grease.
Crunchy outside, chewy inside, dark around the edges…just perfect!!!
Heads up: I did empty out the grease prior to cooking my second batch. Just for the record, I may never make bacon any other way again.
And if you are a big bacon eater, I think cooking bacon alone would justify an air fryer purchase. Just sayin’!
By the way, this has inspired me to explore more cooking with my air fryer. So stay tuned for more of those recipes. Also, if you love your air fryer, leave me a comment with your favorite things to make in it. OR, a wish list of foods you wish you knew how to make in the air fryer.
How to prevent air fryer from smoking
Update: after a few people have experienced smoke issues with this recipe, I wanted to share a few tips that will help prevent this smoking issue.
- Perhaps the easiest solution is to add a little water to the lower pan
- Alternatively, you can add a piece of bread to the lower pan to soak up the grease
- One reader mentioned he adds rock salt (not regular salt), like you use to make ice cream. The pieces are big enough that they won’t blow around from the air blowing in your air fryer, and they will soak up the grease.
- Use parchment paper to line your fryer basket. There are a few types of parchment paper that are made specifically for the air fryer. (Amazon affiliate) They are made specifically for air frying and have little holes in them to allow for air circulation. Check your specific model for the correct dimensions, as these can vary in size. There are several sizes of parchment paper available.
Recipes with Bacon
Here are some other recipes you may enjoy where I use bacon.
- Chicken BLT salad with avocado
- Classic club sandwich
- Cobb salad
- Irish potato leek soup
- Chicken corn chowder
Here are a few of my favorite breakfast recipes that pair well with bacon as a side.
- Egg muffins
- Banana bread
- Breakfast veggie scramble
- Breakfast casserole
- Whole wheat pumpkin spice muffins
- Instant Pot hardboiled eggs
- Blueberry oat muffins
- Strawberry muffins
- Irish corned beef hash
- Double chocolate mocha muffins
- Pumpkin spice bread
- Tomato basil frittata
Air Fryer Bacon Recipe
If this recipe looks good to you, please pin it and share it. Give this recipe a star rating if you try it. And don’t forget to stay connected on social media!
4.5 from 10 votesPrint
Air Fryer Bacon
I will show you exactly how to cook bacon in the air fryer. You may never make it any other way again because it is seriously the best!
Course Basics, BreakfastCuisine AmericanKeyword air fryer bacon, how to cook bacon in the air fryerCook Time 11 minutesTotal Time 11 minutesServings11 slicesCalories 91 kcalAuthor Marjorie @APinchOfHealthySponsored by Fossil
See MoreReport this ad
- 11 slices bacon (I am using Trader Joe’s, and it is a thick cut)
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Divide the bacon in half, and place the first half in the air fryer.
- Set the temperature at 400 degrees, and set the timer to 10 minutes (possibly less time for thinner bacon).
- Check it halfway through to see if anything needs to be rearranged (tongs are helpful!).
- Cook remainder of the time. Check for desired doneness. I like mine extra crispy so I did about 1.5 minutes extra for a total of 11.5 minutes, and mine was perfect.
If you are doing more than one batch, be sure and empty the grease from the lower basket before cooking the second batch.
I liked thicker bacon for this recipe. If you are using thinner cuts, watch closely because you may need less time.Nutrition FactsAir Fryer BaconAmount Per ServingCalories 91Calories from Fat 72% Daily Value*Total Fat 8g12%Saturated Fat 2g10%Cholesterol 14mg5%Sodium 145mg6%Potassium 43mg1%Protein 2g4%Vitamin A0.2%Calcium0.1%Iron0.5%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.(Visited 648,623 times, 93 visits today)